As Detroit Event Company continues to grow and evolve, we fall back on five core values that remain constant in our culture. These values guide our business, our services and our brand. We select our team members based upon these values and we choose our entertainers and our clients based upon a fit around these values. This is who we are.
Communicate to Connect
- Open communication is root level. Our team debates passionately and openly on a regular basis to ensure we’re on the same page. We believe in the “get it right” vs “be right” mindset. By listening to understand and not to reply we are able to be more articulate both verbally and in writing.
Do What You Say You Are Going To Do
- We believe in the importance of making and honoring meaningful commitments, saying no when you should, being on-time and fully complete, and taking responsibility (no blaming or excuses)... except when you can’t, then communicate and renegotiate right away.
A.S.K. (Always Seek Knowledge)
- Knowledgeable ≠ Know It All.
We embrace that learning has no finish line and we work together to creatively solve problems and continue to grow. We believe in the power of saying “I don’t know, but I'll find out."
Energy Is Our Currency
- We love what we do and it shows! Our team approaches each day with passion, enthusiasm, and tenacity, working to empower and encourage one another to be our absolute best… while of course having fun!
- We believe that transparency and honesty win the day, so we let our guard down and let each other into our world. That means treating others like the family members we love.
We help people create collaborative environments so that everyone feels a sense of security and inclusion.
We feel that collaboration is an essential part of good decision-making. Are there bad ideas? – sure! But sometimes bad ideas spoken aloud can lead to amazing ideas, and we believe that the best ideas always win! Because of that, we believe every environment we touch, whether in the office, in client-meetings, or at events, should be one where everyone feels safe enough to speak up and share their opinions. We also want everyone to feel included in the decision-making process so we can all rally together around great ideas. Within the event space, we believe it’s crucial to create environments where people feel safe enough to be themselves. We want the wallflowers in the middle of the dance floor, knowing they are included too! We work hard to ensure our events don’t feel like those intimidating school dances from our childhood, but welcoming gatherings where everyone can be a part of the fun.
At Detroit Event Company, we help our clients select the perfect vendors to create a flawless event, so that their guests have a great time and are amazed by their hosts. Like what we stand for? Schedule your inquiry call today, or contact us to learn more about how we can make your next event truly special.